Egyptian preparations to deter Turkish ambitions in Libya, Russia chart new plans to control Idlib

The phone call made by Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi with US President Donald Trump did not delay the Egyptian parliament’s approval to give the army a full mandate to intervene in Libya to deter Turkish ambitions.

On Tuesday, Arab newspapers touched upon new Russian plans to take full control of Idlib, and Egypt's preparations to enter Libyan territory to fight Turkish ambitions.

Al-Sharq al-Awsat: Fears of Turkey responding to Russian pressure on the Bab al-Hawa crossing

The Arab newspapers issued this morning dealt with several issues, including the Syrian plans for Bab al-Hawa, where the Al-Sharq al-Awsat newspaper said: “The residents of Idlib governorate, northwest of Syria, fear Russia’s control of the Bab al-Hawa border crossing with Turkey, and Ankara’s response to Moscow’s pressure. In this regard, after it became the only crossing for the entry of humanitarian aid sent through Turkey.

It was reported that Russia is planning to control the crossing that the Syrian regime forces are located only 20 km from at the international road Damascus Lattakia (M5), and that there may be a Russian plan that Turkey has been seen to connect the crossing to the highway via al-Atarib line - Bab al-Hawa.

Observers considered that Russia's agreement not to use the veto in the UN Security Council last week to choose the Bab al-Hawa crossing for aid passage and its rejection of any other crossings indicating that Moscow plans to impose its control on the crossing.

There are fears that Turkey will acquiesce in the Russian plan to get rid of the pressure of Moscow, due to Ankara's delay in curbing, isolating and removing militant groups from Idlib according to the agreements signed with Moscow, and accepting the crossing of Russia and the regime to remove the threat of military escalation again.

Observers warn that Turkey's acceptance of Russia's control of the crossing will soon mean the regime's full control of Idlib by forcing its residents to surrender.

Al-Arab: Trump's call did not change Egypt's decision to intervene militarily in Libya

Al-Arab newspaper talked about Trump's call with Egypt, which did not change Cairo's decision to intervene in Libya, where the newspaper said: "The phone call made by Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi with the US President Donald Trump did not resolve on Monday, without delaying the approval of the Egyptian parliament on The army was granted full authorization for military intervention in Libya, to deter Turkish ambitions.

Parliament unanimously agreed, on Monday evening, to send elements of the Egyptian armed forces on combat missions outside the borders of the state, to defend national security in the western strategic direction (Libya) against the actions of armed criminal militias and foreign terrorist elements until the mission ends.

The content of the mandate, which is provided for in the constitution before commencing any military action outside the country, confirmed that the Egyptian army has completed all the necessary legitimacy at home and abroad that entitles it to perform this task, as it had previously obtained clear approval from the Libyan National Army, House of Representatives and Sheikhs and clans' notables in Libya.

The recent provocations by the political and media machine in Turkey, Qatar and Tripoli did not prevent Egypt's intention to exercise its right to defend its national security, which has become a strong threat to the mercenaries and armed militias that Turkey deployed heavily in Libyan territory.

The House of Representatives stressed that the Egyptian nation is extremely capable to defend itself and its interests, brothers and neighbors against any threat or danger and that the Egyptian armed forces and their leaders have the constitutional and legal license to determine when and where to respond to these dangers and threats.

Al-Bayan: Saudi Arabia and Iraq are strengthening ties with a package of agreements

As for Al-Bayan newspaper, it touched on strengthening relations between Iraq and Saudi Arabia and said: "Soon after Saudi Arabia and Iraq announced an agreement to postpone the visit of Prime Minister Mustafa al-Kazemi to the Kingdom, the latter confirmed that he was optimistic about the future of relations between the two countries.

Al-Kazimi stressed the importance of these relations, saying in a tweet on his account on the social networking site «Twitter»: «Iraq and Saudi Arabia’s relations are firm, and are based on faith in common strategic interests, and optimistic about its future». He added, "I look forward to the exit of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King Salman bin Abdulaziz, from the hospital, in full health and wellness, as soon as possible, so that I can visit the Kingdom and check on it personally."

Al-Kazemi’s advisers said earlier that his visit to Riyadh aims to open a new path for economic cooperation, and to enhance Iraq’s chances of becoming a regional mediator.

Meanwhile, Saudi Arabia and Iraq signed, yesterday, a set of agreements within the Saudi-Iraqi Coordination Council, where the Saudi-Iraqi Coordination Council concluded its third session yesterday, which came as an extension of efforts to strengthen relations between the two countries at the strategic level and cooperation in various fields, and develop partnership between the sector The special issue in both countries, opening new horizons of cooperation in the economic and development fields, deepening joint cooperation in important international and regional affairs, and protecting common interests. "

T/S

ANHA


Other news