Iran threatens Bahrain, UAE after listing Hezbollah as "terrorist"

Iran has threatened not to remain silent and tolerate any harm to its "national security", due to the UAE and Bahrain listing the Lebanese "Hezbollah" as a "terrorist" group.

The Iranian "Tasnim" agency quoted Foreign Ministry spokesman Saeed Khatib Zadeh as "denouncing the provocative measure" that Abu Dhabi and Manama took including Hezbollah a "terrorist organization."

Khatibzadeh said that Tehran will not tolerate any "strategic mistake" that threatens its national security as a result of placing "Hezbollah" on the terror list of those two Gulf states.

Earlier this month, an Israeli official said that Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates would form a joint front with his country to request the designation of "Hezbollah" a terrorist organization at the international level.

In another context, the Dubai Duty Free Company issued on Monday an official document that prevents citizens of 12 countries, including Lebanon, from entering their lands.

In addition to Lebanon, the decision includes Syria, Yemen, Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Somalia, Kenya, Tunisia, Algeria, Turkey and Iran, and includes work entry visas for newcomers, tourism and long and short-term visits, and the decision will start from November 18.

J.O


Other news