Media sources said that the tanks were trying to advance west of the city of Sirte, before they were destroyed during raids by the Libyan Air Force.
And it monitored the movements last week of mercenaries who were transferred towards the city of Sirte, which Egypt described as "the red line", while the Libyan army carried out patrols against it.
According to the Reuters news agency, the government of Fayez al-Sarraj, backed by mercenaries who were transferred by Turkey from Syria, “moved fighters” towards the city of Sirte.
Witnesses and leaders of the armed groups affiliated with al-Sarraj government said that a column of about 200 vehicles moved east from Misurata on the Mediterranean coast, towards Tawergha city, which is about a third of the way to Sirte.
In response to these suspicious movements of armed groups, the Libyan Military Information Division said, on Saturday, that the coasts opposite the cities of Sirte, Ras Lanuf and Brega witnessed a heavy proliferation of naval patrols of the Libyan National Army.
Weeks ago, the Egyptian President, Abdel Fattah El-Sisi, warned, during his meeting with the sheikhs and notables of the Libyan tribes representing the Libyan people, that his country "will not allow the Sirte-Jafra line to be crossed," stressing the need for Libya to stay out of the control of "militias and terrorism."