The White House national security adviser John Bolton told the Breitbart News website that Washington is considering the possibility of canceling its exemption from US sanctions granted to some dealers with Iran.
John Bolton said the measures came in response to Iran's low-enriched uranium stockpile that exceeded the maximum allowed by the nuclear deal signed in 2015 between Tehran and the 5 + 1 group and Washington pulled out from it last year.
"There have already been seven exemptions, and in the last session they have been reduced to five," Bolton said, "and under the steps taken by Iran to break the main limits set out under the joint comprehensive action plan, we are now very seriously considering [the possibility of] canceling the remaining five exemptions."
On August 7, the United States imposed the first package of sanctions against Iran, including the auto production sector and trade in gold and other precious metals.
On Nov. 5, the second package of sanctions imposed by the US administration on the Iran-Iran war came into force. Trump's sanctions focused on the oil, energy and banking sectors.
In May, the United States granted concessions to signatories to the nuclear agreement - Britain, China, France, Germany and Russia - to continue working with Iran to develop peaceful nuclear projects. Exemptions also included nuclear facilities in Arak, Bushehr and Fordo for continued international control.